Colorfy is a design-driven venturing organization. We partner with companies of various industries to bring physical and digital products to market that customers love. Underlying all of our work is a passion for not only great aesthetics and usability but also a desire to become the most prolific in designing solutions for a circular economy.
Our work is characterized by its bold, yet often playful aesthetic. Elegance is layered upon intuitiveness. We strive in reducing down to the essentials, bordering on a minimalist philosophy, without compromising on offering the user great usefulness.
With our interdisciplinary team of hardware & software engineers, industrial designers, UX/UI designers, service designers, product strategists, and project leaders, colorfy can offer even more. We often start with business strategy and build product/service concepts for our customers from scratch. Being customer-driven, research and analysis is an integral part of colorfy’s work. Our team's design and engineer the necessary software and hardware, build prototypes and accompany our customers in an iterative approach, until we reach mass production and, in many cases, even further.
- You will be involved in research, ideation, planning and be responsible particularly for the prototyping phases of our research- and innovation-oriented projects.
- You enjoy working on a solution-oriented approach and hand in hand with our designers and other disciplines.
- You’re able to support our team and our clients with your knowledge & research about hardware technology, materials and production processes.You’ll be responsible for getting conceptual ideas alive with quick prototypes and also be involved in the management of our in-house prototyping workshop.
- You know how to build solid, reliable, and elegant prototypes focussing on aesthetic and/or functional elements.
- You’re open to experimentation and exploring new fields.
Nice to have
- Fluency in English, German is a plus.
- Background in Product Design, Engineering, Mechatronics, Model making etc.
- Familiarity with circular economy principles is a plus.
- You're hands-on and you can quickly conceptualize and built prototypes of different Focus. Your skillset combines basic model building of different fidelity and - ideally - electrical prototyping.
- Your skillset combines basic model building of different fidelity and - ideally - electrical prototyping.
- You master a range of fidelities when it comes to model building: paper/cardboard/hot glue, wood, laser cut/3d printed, and CNC milling for volumes.
- You can manage and supervise external modelmakers.
- You’ve some experience tinkering when it comes to Micro-controllers/-processors etc. (Arduino, Edison, Raspberry Pi, etc.).
- You have some experience in mechatronics, if not you’re curious to learn it.
- Compelling projects with other startups, multinational corporate clients, and everything in between.
- You work with a highly motivated and skilled team from all over the world in a very friendly work atmosphere.
- Five weeks of paid vacation plus time off between Christmas and New year´s eve.
- Family-friendly workplace, more flexible working time arrangements, and space to support a healthy balance between work and family/private appointments. If you prefer working from home, that’s also fine with us.
- Employee share participation program.
- Choice of public transport pass in Berlin or bike leasing.
- Yearly professional Education Budget – supplement your education on us!
- Keeping you fuelled with fresh fruits, coffee, and snacks.
- Modern office located in the heart of Berlin (Mitte).
- Reduced Urban Sports Club membership and In-house Yoga.
- Regular team events
In summary, we are looking for someone who is a team player and aspires to high-quality work and strives to learn and share their knowledge with their colleagues. If the above descriptions sound like you, and you want to be a part of our amazing team, let’s chat.